How to Make Cannabis Oil at Home: The Ultimate Guide
Recently, I discovered the same old bad advice about making edibles with cannabis or other plant medicine infusions was still popular all over the internet.
Even cannabis professionals, with decades of experience, haven't adopted skills like, exact dosing or consistent product formulation, for creating herbal medicines and medical edibles.
As an Advanced Board Certified Holistic Public Health Nurse, Integrative Cannabis Nurse Coach and CBD business owner, I know people heal better if they feel good about the medicine they are taking.
Indeed, edible cannabis and other plant medicines offer important advantages over other delivery methods including:
- Longer lasting – It takes longer to feel the effects of edibles, usually 1 - 1.5 hours after ingestion, but they last longer. Good news if you are dealing with conditions like pain, insomnia, anxiety, and more.
- Economical – Hemp flower, high in CBD, is now available in multiple States at $40/oz, even where THC is illegal. Less than a penny a milligram.
- Discreet – NOBODY need know the food you are eating is infused with cannabis except you.
- Highly Customizable and Adaptable – You can add cannabis to most ANY food, not just cookies, brownies, and gummies, so you can medicate and eat the foods you like or that your dietary needs require.
- Consistent and measurable dosing -- When you make your own edibles, you are assured of getting the exact dose, every time. With every edible.
BUT, only at the right time and in the right formulations, otherwise the experience of eating cannabis medicinals can be quite uncomfortable. And this is exactly why this class is everything you need to accurately and consistently dose with oil formulated, according to good science.